[Olpcaustria] Fwd: [Reminder ]Linuxwochen Wien - Call For Papers

Michael Bauer mihi at lo-res.org
Thu Feb 12 23:42:41 CET 2009

> On a sidenote: Tano and me were today at the WKO and listen to Viennas
> "Top Elektriker" who were talking about solar power.
> So the vision there is that in the long run the "Einspeisetarif" will
> be equal or lower to the costs for electricity from the grid.

What the fuck is an Einspeisetarif? Does it mean I have to pay if I want to
use the electricity produced by my own solar grid? Actually I was thinking
about convincing my house to build a solar grid once the roof has to be
fixed.

> Which is exactly another puzzle piece in the quest for self relying ,
> free, autonomous structures:
> * free and open source software
> * free and open source networks (funkfeuer, ...)
> * free and open source education - a competition of the best ideas,
> teachers. Access to know how for everybody
> * free, renewable power to supply all those needs

No, it's all about having things in the hands of the public. Having
participatory infrastructure, software, education, hardware and energy.

Mihi
--
Nature has no stake in being understood by scientists.
			Michael J. Crawley in ISBN 0-470-02298-1