[Olpcaustria] Fwd: [Reminder ]Linuxwochen Wien - Call For Papers

L. Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Thu Feb 12 23:08:49 CET 2009

On Feb 12, 2009, at 10:44 PM, David Van Assche wrote:

> So what kind of papers are we refering to. We all have lots of
> ideas/projects/wishlists.... maybe I've not been involved enough with
> this to understand what is required at these events, and how they are
> presented... can someone enlighten me a little?

:))

Yes! Daniel just told me a little secret today:
the linuxwochen always only work when David gives a talk about LTSP
Without they usually are boring. ;-)

On a sidenote: Tano and me were today at the WKO and listen to Viennas
"Top Elektriker" who were talking about solar power.
So the vision there is that in the long run the "Einspeisetarif" will
be equal or lower to the costs for electricity from the grid.
This does not sound to far fetched for me since gas and utility prices
are rising in the long run anyway.
Therefore in the long run, it will simply be a matter of common sense
for all of us to have solar power.
Because it will be cheaper than drawing power from the grid.

Which is exactly another puzzle piece in the quest for self relying ,
free, autonomous structures:
* free and open source software
* free and open source networks (funkfeuer, ...)
* free and open source education - a competition of the best ideas,
teachers. Access to know how for everybody
* free, renewable power to supply all those needs

ok, we still have to work on free open source food :)
(and open hardware is also missing from that list - can't do that yet)

--> I hope we can find a good speaker for linuxwochen for the solar
stuff. Let's also see if this is interesting (and in what specific
form) to Linuxwochen.