[Olpcaustria] Acer startet den Preiskampf - 150 Euro Netbook

Robert Keyes rkeyes at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Feb 23 23:51:06 CET 2009

Hello,
Last week I ordered a refurbished Asus EEE 900A from Ebay 'buy-it-now' for
$169.99 + $11.99 shipping (in USA). It is similar to the Acer that Christoph
mentions, but it comes with only 4GB SSD and 1GB RAM. It is slow and painful
and unreliable! I have since bought a 16GB flash module by SuperTalent, on
NewEgg.com for $45. It is supposed to be much faster. I haven't installed "Easy
Peasy" (eee ubuntu) yet, but that is my plan.

I must stress that the problem is only secondarily the 4GB size. The primary
problems are a bad Linux version (Xandros), and slow SSD. Make sure you compare
SSD speed when comparing netbooks!