[Olpcaustria] B4 streaming up!!!!

jaume jaume at nualart.com
Tue Aug 21 22:13:03 CEST 2007

Hi fellows!!
Margery just gave me the new B4 today and roght now the litle kid is
streaming to an icecast server.

The video stream works with audio and video. The quality of the
michrophon is pretty good.

Finally I  using gstreamer to get the michrophon and webcam signals and
reencode and recize it, And then pipe this to a file.ogg and cat this
one to oggfwd, who streams to a giss.tvv verver.

Basically I followed the very good manual here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Programming_the_camera

And downloaded the oggfwd linux binaries from
http://v2v.cc/~j/ffmpeg2theora/

here more info
http://olpcaustria.org/mediawiki/index.php/XOtv

Tomorrow in teh meeting we can test it

jaume

PD I'll streaming some time more, the url is:
http://giss.tv:8000/j.ogg
(I recommend use VLC (http://videolan.org)